Subscribe:

Monday 27 October 2014

Inherited Part of a House and Don’t Know What to do with it!

My grandfather passed away recently and left the family home to my brother, two cousins and myself together. We were proud to be joint owners of our legacy as all of us cherished beautiful memories of our growing up days there. But it was not practicable for any of us to actually go and live in the Houston countryside as our work lives had us settled in Austin, Missouri, Santa Fe and Atlanta. Maintaining the place as a holiday home also did not appear feasible.

We scoured other options like renting out the place but it seemed fraught with problems about necessary renovations, maintenance and upkeep responsibilities, property taxes and so on.

So it was with a heavy heart that we finally decided that the only practical route was to sell house fast Houston, Texas. But our beloved home had actually fallen in quite a state of disrepair as granddad had not been fit enough to maintain it properly. The main door was rusty, the yard was overgrown, paint was peeling everywhere and the roof needed immediate overhaul. But unfortunately none of us can spare the time and expense to make it beautifully inhabitable again.

This was when we approached a professional cash home buyer called MoneyBug. My online request on the company website earned me a quick callback from a sales representative who assured me that they would buy the house as-is and I can sell house fast Houston, Texas in just a week.

As I lived nearby, I drove down with him to show the property and the representative gave me a cash offer after analyzing the house there and then. The sale was closed immediately and we could share the sale proceeds soon enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment