Subscribe:

Saturday 21 March 2015

How to Ensure That you Get a Good Home Appraisal

Home appraisals have a tendency to come in much lower than expected. The recent economic slump is further responsible for shockingly low appraisal values. This can be a major impediment that can easily turn all your carefully laid plans a miss and keep you from being able to sell house fast San Antonio, Texas.

While I know that there is nothing much I can do about the recessionary tendencies in the market, small efforts helped me get a better appraisal of my home value.
Here’s what I did –

•    A new coat of paint on my house worked wonders. Even the appraiser commented that my homes appearance was the best in the neighborhood.  If a full coat of paint is too much, opt for pressure washing the house and a fresh coat of high gloss paint on all the trim work.

•    "Spring cleaning" is in order. I cleared away any and all the junk from around the house and  the garage. The house looked neat and inviting.

•    Make the home smell like home.   Back some cookies right before the appraiser arrives. You'ii be surprised at the response. The appraiser couldn’t resist having a few!

•    I ensured that my washing machine, dishwasher and other appliances were all  working and that there was a home warranty policy on all appliances.

•    I showed the appraiser the necessary paperwork that I had recently installed a new roof.   Roofs typically need replacing every 12 to 25 years.   So a new roof is a lifted burden for any potential home buyer.

•    I swapped out all of the facets, light fixtures  and out dated mirrors.   This transformed the house for  what I considered a minor investment.
•    As I knew the appraiser would not be from the vicinity, I compiled an information packet of recent comparable home sales and other developments in my town.
I received a very favorable appraisal and I was easily able to sell house fast San Antonio, Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment